CHECKING ACCOUNT SWITCH KIT
Now that you have decided to transfer your accounts to Vermillion Bank, we would like to help make the transition smooth for you. Here is a quick reference guide to help you get started.
Step 1: Gather all current banking information: * Current routing and account number * Bank statements (from the most recent three months)
Step 2: Review your current statements to determine what automatic transactions and checks are still outstanding.
Step 3: Determine what automatic payments and direct deposits need to be changed (see our checklist for assistance with this).
Step 4: Stop in and see a personal banker to set up your new checking account. We can also assist you in changing your automatic payments and direct deposits. If you are interested in setting up online banking and bill pay we can do that too. What you will need to open an account at Vermillion Bank:
- Driver's License, State ID or Passport
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Current Address (if your current address is not on your license please bring something with your correct address on it)
- Current Phone Number
Step 5: Close your old account. Make sure all transactions have cleared the account, which could could take up to a month.
Checking Account Switch Kit Automatic Payment Checklist
Use this to identify the companies that take out electronic payments from your current checking account. This includes any payments made monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annually.
Cell Phone Service:
Important Contact Numbers for Direct Deposit
* Social Security/Supplement: 1-800-772-1213 and for TTY 1-800-325-0778
* Railroad Retirement: 1-800-772-5772 and for TTY 1-312-751-4701
* Civil Service Retirement: 1-888-767-6738 and for TTY 1-800-878-5707
* Veterans Compensation: 1-877-838-2778 and for TTY 1-800-829-4833
* For new federal benefit enrollment you can visit www.godirect.org.,
or call Go Direct at 1-800-333-1795.
* Feel free to contact a personal banker at Vermillion Bank at 651-437-4433 with any questions.
City, State Zip Code
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is to inform you that I have transferred my bank account to Vermillion Bank. I would like you to redirect my automatic payment to my new account. The bank routing number is 091914370 and my account number is [ ]. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [ ].